A vast country with great diversity, this enigmatic nation that has well and truly made its mark on the world stage, is welcoming visitors. From the iconic Great Wall to the Terracotta Warriors to the bund of Shanghai, there are world renowned sights, but in a country this size, it is not hard to go off the beaten path and discover less known wonders, such as Tiger Leaping Gorge, or the karst limestone formations of Guilin and Yangshuo.
Ways you can help
- The Great Wall of China (its not called Great for nothing)
- The Forbidden Palace
- The fascinating hutongs (alleyways) of Beijing
- The Terracotta Warriors
- Buzzing Shanghai
- Giant Pandas in Chengdu
- The limestone wonders of Guilin and Yangshuo
- Hike along the spectacular Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Learn Chinese cooking from a master chef
- Incredible scenery and culture in Tibet
- Explore World Heritage Lijiang
- Step back in time along the Silk Road
The price for a 10 day trip to China costs from $5,790 (£4,679, €5,491) per person, staying in 5* luxury accommodation. Flights are excluded, but we can arrange these for you.
Aman at Summer Palace - Beijing
Aman at Summer Palace
Just steps from the East Gate of the Summer Palace grounds lies Aman at Summer Palace – the ideal location from which to discover Beijing....
Did you know
- Approximately 200 million people in China live on less than $1 a day
- Fish consumption in China is more than 3 times that in the United States. In China, the average person eats over 45 pounds of seafood each year
- The pig was first domesticated almost 10,000 years ago in China.
- 20% of the world’s population lives in China
- Twenty percent of China’s plants are used in medicine
- There are over 400 different varieties of kiwi fruit [Yangtao] in China where they have been used for over 700 years
- When KFC [Kentucky Fried Chicken] first translated its advertising slogan “finger lickin’ good” into Chinese, it came out as “eat your fingers off”
- The story of Cinderella may not originate with Disney, some say it originated in China around AD 860
- 35 children are born every minute in China
- About 700,000 engineers graduate annually from schools in China
- There are about 42,000 characters in Chinese language. An adult is only expected to know 5,000 of them
"Our time in the village was amazing and life changing. We bonded so closely with the staff and other volunteers, so much that we will definitely be coming back to volunteer again on a longer basis. We laughed, we cried, shared and listened to everyone's stories about what brought us all out there. It was heart gripping to say the least. The staff treated us like gold, and we had a blast! We exchanged contact info with many of the staff, including the founder, who was there during our visit and we got to spend lots of time with him too. What an amazing man. We will get the chance to reunite with some of the staff in September, as we have been invited to one of the volunteer's wedding in Philadelphia. Words can't properly describe how we feel except to say it will forever be part of our lives now."
Jackie - honeymoon trip to China, from Canada