From the jungle of the Amazon to the biodiverse Galapagos Islands, Ecuador is a land of outstanding natural wonders. The Andes are a peaceful contrast to the vibrant cities, such as Quito, with its centuries-old churches. Incredibly, there are also cloud forests, colonial towns, volcanoes, hot springs, indigenous markets, enchanting haciendas, and of course the amazing Amazon jungle.
Calling the Galapagos Islands unique is an understatement; they are simply extraordinary, with spectacular wildlife that you can get close to because they have no inherent fear of humans. You can marvel at these islands by cruise boat, or base yourself at one of the increasing number of luxury lodges on one of the islands, and take day trips to neighboring islands.
What’s more, you can make your trip meaningful by helping renovate a children’s day care center in Quito.
Ways you can help
- Make your trip memorable and meaningful by renovating a daycare center in a low-income part of Quito
- Get up close and personal with the wildlife in the Galapagos Islands
- A walking tour through the colonial part of Quito, with its gorgeous buildings and fascinating museums
- A cooking class to get to grips with Ecuadorian cuisine
- Horse riding from a luxury hacienda
- Enjoy the unique biosphere of a cloud forest
- Marvel at the Avenue of Volcanoes
- Ride the train down the breathtaking Devil’s Nose
- Soak up the hot springs of Banos
- Lose yourself the colonial splendor of Cuenca
- Encounter incredible wildlife in the Amazon
The price for a 11 day trip to Ecuador costs from $9,120 (£7,371, €8,648) per person, staying in 5* luxury accommodation. Flights are excluded, but we can arrange these for you.
Pikaia Lodge - Galapagos
This is one of the world's finest 'eco-luxury' properties, with best-of-breed environmental standards. Appealing to those who want to explore the Galapagos without being on...
Sacha Lodge - Amazon – Ecuador
Sacha Lodge is located within a 5,000-acre private ecological reserve in Ecuador’s Amazon region; an accessible yet pristine rainforest sanctuary where you and your family...
Napo - Amazon – Ecuador
Stay right in the heart of the Amazonian rainforest. This eco-hotel puts you in the thick of this amazing biosphere without sacrificing any home...
Flight Time from
15 hours via Madrid or USA
Flight Time from
Flight Time from
Did you know
- What is now Ecuador formed part of the northern Inca Empire until the Spanish conquest in 1533
- Ecuador is named for the equator, which runs through the country
- Ecuador is divided into three continental regions—the Costa, Sierra, and Oriente—and one insular region: the Galápagos Islands. The continental regions extend the length of the country from north to south and are separated by the Andes Mountains. The Galápagos Islands, officially called the Archipiélago de ColÃ³n, are located 620 miles west of the Ecuadorian coast.
- Guinea pig is considered to be a delicacy in Ecuador
- The colors of the flag is yellow for the diversity in the country, blue for the sky and the sea, and red for the blood of those who fought for independence
- Ecuador has many active volcanoes and also, one of the greatest densities of volcanoes in the world
- Ecuador is the smallest country in the Andean highlands
- Ecuador was the first nation in 2008 to declare that nature has constitutional rights
- The capital city of Quito, and the third largest city in the country, Cuenca, have been declared as world heritage sites by the UNESCO, owing to their rich history
- The national flower is the rose
- You weigh less at the equator
- Ecuador has the highest number of hummingbird species
- The Galápagos penguin is the only tropical penguin in the world and is found in Bartolomé Island, Punta Pitt
- Panama hats are actually from Ecuador
"Awesome! We worked hard; we finished painting the auditorium, then painted two playhouses in the yard. There is so much work to be done there but we are pleased at what we accomplished! We loved the hotels, and our cruise in the Galapagos Islands was a once in a lifetime experience. Its been very good, Chris & now I can really recommend HuH! Thanks again!"
Teresa, traveled to Ecuador and Galapagos with her family
Start planning your tailor-made trip to Ecuador by contacting one of our specialists
Or click to submit your trip plans:Plan My Trip