Ways you can help
This small group adventure for solo travelers enables you to not only interact with and help conserve Thailand’s most iconic wildlife, elephants; you also get to be dazzled by Bangkok and all it has to offer, and delight in the contrast of Thailand’s 2nd city, Chiang Mai.
What’s more, you also get to enjoy the jungle of Bangkok by bike, a dinner cruise on Bangkok’s river, and try your hand at Thai cooking with a class led by an expert chef.
The trips are on 19 June and 4 September, and will depart with just 6 people booking. The maximum group size is 12, so get in quick!
- Travel with like-minded solo travelers as you safeguard the future of elephants with hands-on volunteering and interaction
- Private guided tour of beguiling Bangkok
- Private cycling tour of the jungle on the outskirts of Bangkok
- Dinner cruise on Bangkok’s Chao Phrya River
- Thai Cooking class and market visit
- Private guided tour of beautiful Chiang Mai
Day by Day Outline
- Day 1 Arrive Bangkok, check-in to your hotel, . Evening dinner cruise with rest of group
- Day 2 Private tour of the canals in morning; private group cycling tour in afternoon
- Day 3 Bangkok city tour with massage at Wat Po; overnight 1st class train to Chiang Mai
- Day 4 Arrive Chiang Mai, visit markets and then begin cooking lesson. Lunch. Private walking tour of Chiang Mai in afternoon
- Day 5-8 Volunteering with elephants: preparing their meals, feeding them, walking them, even bathing them; learning an enormous amount about these gentle giants as you help safeguard their future
- Day 9 Final day volunteering, and at the end, you are taken to the train station for your overnight 1st class train back to Bangkok
- Day 10 Arrive in Bangkok, breakfast, visit the home of silk merchant Jim Thompson, farewell lunch then transfer to the airport for your flight out
Price: US$2,935 (£2,100, ‚¬2,650, C$3,900, A$3,900, NZ$4,400) per person, based on sharing a room with one other person. Flights are not included, but we can arrange these for you.
Dates: June 19, 2016 and September 4, 2016
Trips are guaranteed to depart with just 6 people – invite your friends!
- All breakfasts
- Seven lunches
- Two dinners
- 4* accommodation throughout, share-twin, plus two nights in 1st class overnight train
- Private, English speaking guide
- All entrance fees
- Flights; we can arrange this for you
- Travel insurance (this is compulsory; we can arrange this for you
- Other meals other than those indicated above
- Items of a personal nature, such as phone calls