Delicious food, awe inspiring scenery, and friendly people – who could ask for more?
Asia has incredible diversity, from the snow capped Himalayas of India, China, Nepal and Bhutan, to the jungles of Thailand, Burma and Indonesia, with ancient wonders such as Cambodia’s Angkor Wat, the Great Wall, the Taj Mahal, Laos’ Luang Prabang, and the natural majesty of places such as Vietnam’s Halong Bay, the volcanoes of Sumatra, Burma’s Inle Lake and James Bond Island in Thailand – there is much to explore.
The diversity doesn’t stop there. There is great variety in the ways you can make a difference, including:
– Building a home for a needy family in Cambodia;
– Caring for and conserving elephants in Thailand;
– Installing a disabled-accessible bathroom for a paraplegic in Bali;
– Repairing homes in Bhutan;
– Teaching English at an inspiring school in India;
– Renovating centers for children handicapped by Agent Orange in Vietnam
In terms of eco-luxury hotels, Asia has some of the best, including Soneva Kiri in Thailand, Song Saa Resort in Cambodia, and Six Senses in Thailand, China and Vietnam.