Latin America has a beat all of its own, and you are sure to be affected by the rhythm. From surfing in Costa Rica, stunning lakes and volcanoes in Guatemala, sublime reefs in Belize, to hiking Machu Picchu in Peru, exploring the wonders of Galapagos Islands, encountering wildlife in Brazil’s Amazon and Pantanal, the extraordinary salt flats of Bolivia, and the glaciers of Argentina – the options are endless.
You can make your adventure in Latin America meaningful by giving back in a variety of ways, including:
– Building a home for a needy family in Brazil;
– Conserving wildlife in Costa Rica;
– Installing fuel efficient, safe, healthy stoves in villages in Belize;
– Renovating a day care center in Ecuador;
– Building a home for a family in Guatemala.
For eco-luxury accommodation, Costa Rica is arguably the most forward thinking in the world, and some of our favorites are Pacuare Lodge which you raft in and out of, Lapa Rios, Finca Rosa Blanca, Arenal Nayara, and Arenas del Mar. Our picks in other parts of the region are The Lodge at Chaa Creek in Belize, Guatemala’s Laguna Lodge, Cristalino Lodge in Brazil, and the Mountain Lodges of Peru.