North America currently consists of USA (including Hawaii) and Mexico, and even this is huge, watch this space for Canada to be added soon as well.
The USA is, in our opinion, incredibly underrated as a travel destination, with breathtaking locations such as Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Tetons, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon and Glacier National Parks. Some of the world’s greatest cities are here: New York, San Francisco, New Orleans, Chicago, Portland, Seattle and Los Angeles to name but a few.
And then there’s Hawaii; arguably the most beautiful islands in the world, and each one distinct and unique. Our favorite parts include the North Shore of Oahu, volcanoes and waterfalls on the Big Island, Haleakala National Park in Maui, and Hanalei Bay in Kauai.
Mexico is another diverse wonder, especially in the Yucatan, Oaxaca, and Baja.
You can make a difference in various ways, including:
– Renovating a clubroom for disadvantaged youth in Hawaii;
– Building a cat sanctuary in Hawaii;
– Serving in a soup kitchen in New York;
– Renovating homes in New Orleans;
– Sort food donations at a food bank in San Francisco;
– Helping beautify a school in Cancun;
– Paint a home for solo mothers in Cancun
In terms of eco-luxury accommodation, you are spoiled for choice in North America. Our favorites include Banyan Tree Mayakoba in Mexico, The Modern in Waikiki, Cavallo Point in San Francisco, Amangani in Jackson Hole, and the sublime Bardessono in Napa.