Ways you can help
10 Days daysThis adventure starts and finishes in San Jose, and enables you to help care for animals at a wildlife rescue center, and takes you to a Fair Trade coffee farm, Poas Volcano, zip lining, Arenal Volcano, hot springs, and white-water rafting, all in eco-luxury style.Highlights
Plan My Trip
- Caring for and learning a lot about Costa Rica's wildlife
- Eco-luxury hotels
- Fair Trade coffee tour
- Be in awe of Poas volcano
- Hike around Arenal volcano
- Go zip lining through the rainforest
- Thrill with white-water rafting in the Pacuare River
Day 1 Arrive San Jose, Costa Rica You are met at the airport and transferred to your luxury boutique hotel, Finca Rosa Blanca
Day 2 Learn all about coffee production in a private guided walk through a Fair Trade coffee farm and then head to be amazed by Poas Volcano before arriving in Arenal, where you can round-off by relaxing in one of the hot springs
Days 3-5 These are sure to be the most fulfilling days as you help conserve and care for Costa Rica's indigenous wildlife, including monkeys, macaws, sloths and peccaries.
Day 6 Today you can choose from a range of options, such as zip lining, hiking around Arenal Volcano, kayaking, or a floating safari
Day 7 Your white-water rafting adventure begins today, in gentle rapids to get you accustomed, finishing up at the fabulous Pacuare Lodge, deep in the jungle, accessed by raft.
Day 8 You can choose from a variety of activities on offer at Pacuare Lodge, including hiking to a waterfall, zip lining, canyoning, visiting an indigenous village, or indulging in the spa.
Day 9 You raft out this morning, and from here the rapids are more exciting, but nothing crazy (Grade 3 max), and you are driven back to San Jose for a taste of city life, Costa Rican style, staying at Grano de Oro.
Day 10 You are transferred to the airport in time for your flight home.
- 5* luxury hotels throughout
- Airport transfers
- Expert local guides
- Lunches whilst volunteering
- A donation to the charity you help
- All breakfasts
- International flights
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
Customizing your trip
This itinerary is designed to give you a flavor of what is possible in Costa Rica
- You can customize this trip to suit your specific requirements
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation
Our suggestions to customize this itinerary:
- Head into the jungle to spot widlife such as sloth, monkeys, puma and even the elusive jaguar
- Visit Tortuguero for a floating safari, plus observe turtle hatching
- Soak up the sun with some time on any of the countless beaches
- Experience yet another biosphere in the Monteverde cloud forest