Amansara – Cambodia
Amansara is your eco-luxury resort near the famous Angkor Wat temple complex, is housed in a beautifully restored 1960s villa, which was once the guesthouse of King Norodom Sihanouk. Based here you can help build a home for a low-income family
About this project
Main volunteering activities:
- Preparing the elephant’s vitamin balls
- Tracking their feeding patterns
- Assisting the vet on their daily checks
- Washing the elephant
- Cleaning their beds
- Maintaining the gardens
- The typical number of days on this fulfilling project 2-3, but you can spend longer
- It involves 7-8 hours of helping each day, starting at 7:30am
- November to April is recommended, but you can help anytime
- This volunteering project blends well with activities in central Sri Lanka, including Kandy and the rest of the Cultural Triangle
Successes to date:
The foundation has cared for over 80 elephants. There are currently nine elephants being cared for at the sanctuary.
One of the resident elephants was the first in the country to be born in captivity.
The Foundation’s mahout training program is the only one to be recognized and accredited by the Sri Lankan Department of Wildlife.
This project is for you if:
- You are looking for a project that enables you to learn an enormous amount about elephants
- You would like an experience that has a variety of activities
- You are happy rolling up your sleeves and don’t mind getting dirty
- Exploring the fascinating Cultural Triangle
- The Tea Country hill stations
- Leopard spotting in Yala National Park
Suggested Itinerary for Sri Lanka
in Sri Lanka
Price: US$6,000 per adult, $3,800 per child under 12
This adventure enables you to bond as a family by conserving critically endangered sea turtles, plus you get to explore the wildlife highlights of Sri Lanka
- Rolling up your sleeves and caring for elephants
- Jeep safari to see elephants in the wild
- Awesome views and the engineering marvel that is Sigiriya Rock
- Bustling Kandy and the Temple of the Tooth
- Epic train ride
- The waterfalls and scenery of Horton Plains
- The beauty of the Tea stations
- A working tea factory
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Private transfers
- Domestic flights
- Expert local guides
- Meals as specified
- Volunteering costs
Note: Price excludes international flights
Sample Day by Day
Note: This is a sample itinerary only
Note: This is a sample itinerary only, and we delight in crafting unique itineraries to meet your family’s exact requirements
The resort features 24 spacious suites, each with its own private courtyard and outdoor seating area. The suites are decorated in a contemporary Khmer style and feature luxurious amenities such as king-size beds, soaking tubs, and high-end audio-visual equipment.
The resort offers a range of experiences and activities, including guided tours of the Angkor Wat temple complex, private yoga and meditation classes, Khmer cooking classes, and spa treatments using traditional Cambodian techniques.
Amansara is committed to sustainability and eco-friendliness, with initiatives such as recycling, energy conservation, and community outreach programs. The resort also supports local artisans and craftsmen by featuring their products in the on-site boutique.
Overall, Amansara offers a luxurious and tranquil retreat in one of the most historically and culturally significant destinations in Southeast Asia. The resort’s blend of contemporary design, traditional Cambodian hospitality, and eco-friendly practices make it an ideal destination for discerning travelers seeking a unique and sustainable luxury experience.
If you like this adventure then go ahead and share on social media.