Conserve Birds in Hungary
Protect injured and orphaned birds on your European vacation; you and your family can make a difference and conserve birds in Hungary. Get to know Budapest in a new way.
About this project
Despite being a fairly small country, Hungary is home to over 400 types of birds. Unfortunately there is no a central organization to care for injured or orphan birds, and there are only a few non profit foundations fighting to save these birds.
You can play a part in helping these poor birds and the organizations who care for them by building bird boxes and swallows’ nests.
Main volunteering activities:
- Making wooden bird boxes to house injured and orphaned birds
- Working alongside craftsmen to create earthen swallows’ nests
- The volunteering project typically lasts for 3-5 days
- Approx. 4-5 hours each day
- Available all year round
- Blends well with nearby sightseeing and relaxation activities in Budapest
- Family-friendly (min age 10)
- Horse riding
- Aqua park and thermal baths
- Traditional folk dancing
- Cooking class
- Budapest city tour and Danube river cruise
Successes to date:
Hundreds of bird boxes have been constructed, and thousands of birds have been saved.
This project is for you if:
- You love birds
- You want to play a part in caring for injured and orphaned birds
- You would like to learn more about wild birds
- You would like to roll up your sleeves and get involved
Suggested Luxury Voluntourism in Hungary Itinerary
Example Price: US$4,150 per adult
This adventure not only enables you and your family to bond by creating furniture from recycled materials for families who can’t afford it, you also get to be amazed at all that Budapest has to offer… all in luxury.
- Making furniture from recycled materials
- Private guided tour of Budapest, customized for you
- Dinner cruise on the Danube
- Free time to explore local attractions, relax in the thermal baths, visit Aquaworld waterpark, or head to Visegrad for a medieval tournament
- Luxury accommodation
- Private transfers
- Expert local guides
- Meals as specified
- Volunteering costs
Note: International flights are not included but we can arrange these for you
Sample Day by Day
Note: This is a sample itinerary only
Note: This is a sample itinerary - which can be tailored to your exact requirements
Note – this is purely a sample itinerary, designed to give you a flavor of Hungary, a local volunteering project, and nearby sightseeing activities. We delight in crafting trips to your exact preferences.
Any aspect of this itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation, to get it perfect for you.
Some suggestions to customize this itinerary:
- Head to Lake Balaton, the largest lake in Central Europe for ancient fortresses, underwater caves, and excellent wine
- Take a cooking class and become a paprika master
- Explore the ancient city of Pecs
- UNESCO World Heritage Hortobagy National Park for wildlife and a Dark Sky Park
- Discover the giant stalactites in the caves of Aggtelek National Park
Discover more about Hungary
If you like the sound of this adventure then go ahead and share with family members, or on social media.