Costa Rica was just named the top destination for 2024 by Travel + Leisure Magazine.
We agree – it is amazing, so much to offer, from volcanoes to rainforest, wildlife to snorkeling, whitewater rafting to zip-lining, and the finest eco-luxury accommodation to relax in.
The ideal time to visit Costa Rica is November to April. It can be pretty wet from June to September.
Here are some highlights for what you, can experience in Costa Rica including ways to make your time there fulfilling and meaningful:
1. Explore under the sea on a submarine journey with a marine biologist to guide you and show you the delights of the ocean;
2. Enjoy breathtaking private flights over volcanoes;
3. Engage in meaningful cultural immersion – get a feel for how Costa Rican cowboys live;
4. Search for a dolphin super-pod and swim with thousands of them;
5. Collect scientific data on hammerhead sharks – measure, tag, and document vital shark data;
6. Help conserve turtles; and
7. Actively conserve wildlife by volunteering at a rescue center: prepare meals for monkeys, parrots, maintain their enclosures, and learn an enormous amount about the animals
Here are some of our favorite eco-luxury lodges for you to enjoy:
- Nayara Tented Camp – near Arenal volcano, in the rainforest, complete with sloth sanctuary
- El Silencio – with on-site rappelling and zip lining
- Tabacon – complete with hot springs and views of perfect cone-shaped Arenal volcano (reopening 13 Nov)
- Arenas del Mar – on the beach, and near wildlife-rich Manuel Antonio National Park
- Pacuare Lodge – raft in and out of these amazing property deep in the jungle
- Lapa Rios – on the remote Osa peninsula with stunning dolphin and whale watching
- El Mangroove – located in Guanacaste, just 20 minutes from the airport
If you want to flop on the beach, explore the jungle or get your heart racing on a zip line, Costa Rica has it for you!
And in case you are wondering what ‘Pura Vida’ is, it translates literally as “pure life,” but it encapsulates the whole Costa Rican culture, and you can use it in almost any situation. It is both a greeting and a farewell. It also can be used for “You’re welcome” or “No worries”–or just about any exclamation like “That’s great!”
Interested? Get in touch to discover more: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 201 984 5372.