There’s a multitude of experiences for you to enjoy in nature-rich Belize, from Mayan ruins, trekking in the mountains and the rainforests, to world-class scuba diving and snorkeling, and even swimming with manatees. What’s more, you can make a lasting difference in the lives of a rural family by installing a fuel-efficient stove, interacting with them and learning about Mayan culture as you go. You can also plant trees to help preserve the environment and provide a cash-crop for the villagers. There may be other projects as well, such as building a public toilet block.
Or, if you dive, you can play a part in preserving the Belize barrier reef (the world’s second largest) for future generations.
Ways you can help
- Be the change: install energy efficient stoves in Mayan village homes and if you can dive, you can help conserve the reef
- Engage with the Mayan culture
- Explore Mayan ruins
- Learn how to make chocolate
- Learn about sustainable, organic farming
- Kayak in the river
- Snorkel or dive in the Barrier Reef, including the legendary Blue Hole
- Swim with manatees
The price for a 10 day trip to Belize costs from $5,890 (£4,760, €5,585) per person, staying in 5* luxury accommodation. Flights are excluded, but we can arrange these for you.
Lodge at Chaa Creek - Cayo
The well-maintained lodge and cottages here make this one of the country’s premier places to stay. The grounds overlook the Macal River, and each of the 23 cabanas has a peaceful balcony area. Activities...
Hidden Valley Inn - Cayo
Nestled in the wilds of Mountain Pine Ridge, Belize, Hidden Valley Inn & Reserve is a dream retreat for wildlife and nature lovers. Its Lodge, 12 spacious suites in six stand-alone cottages, pool, loun...
Gaia Riverlodge - Cayo
GAÏA Riverlodge has just 16 jungle cabanas that feature Belizean hardwoods, traditional bay leaf thatched roofs and mahogany interiors, along with modern comforts like ceiling fans, pillow top mattresses ...
Blancaneaux Lodge - Cayo
This very exclusive lodge, owned by one Francis Ford Coppola, even has its own private air strip. The chic cabanas are wonderfully appointed and reflect a global fusion of styles. They mostly have river vi...
Flight Time from
Flight Time from
Flight Time from
Did you know
- Belize is the only Central American country where English is the official language. However, you will still hear a mixture of Creole, Spanish, Garifuna and Mayan languages being spoken on the street.
- The tallest building in Belize is a Mayan temple!
- There is no McDonalds, Burger King, Starbucks or KFC in the entire country
- With an average yearly temperature of 84° F (29°C), it’s always warm, yet comfortable.
- Belize has some of the best dive sites in the Caribbean. Spanning the length of Belize is the 2nd biggest barrier reef in the world.
- Belize has around 900 Mayan sites.
- The islands in Belize are called Cayes (pronounced “keys”) and total around 450 including those on the outer atolls.
- Belize has the only Jaguar reserve in the world, otherwise known as Cockscomb Basin Wildlife sanctuary.
- Belize has its own version of Big Foot/Sasquatch, called El Sisimito. It is a large creature that has no knees, has its feet on backwards and likes human flesh!
"My son Sebastian love the trip to Belize, as did his whole class. From what I have heard , they all thought it was the best trip ever and highly recommended it to future classes.Thank you so much for your assistance in getting it to happen!"
Mary, whose son went on a school trip to Belize, from the USA
Start planning your luxury tailor-made trip to
Belize by submitting your travel plans: Plan My Trip