The diversity of the US is too great to describe, from the iconic cities to the tropical south to the vast tracts of scenic wilderness. You can find any adventure you like here. Make your trip meaningful and get to know the people of New Orleans and hear their stories, as you help refurbish houses destroyed by the flooding after Hurricane Katrina. Or help prepare meals and serve them to needy folk in New York or San Francisco.
Ways you can help
- Giving back in needy communities in New Orleans, New York and San Francisco
- Private guided tours of amazing cities
- Breathtaking scenery in Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon and more
- Superb skiing in Colorado, California and Utah
- Encounter wildlife in Alaska
- Relive prison life on Alcatraz
- Wine tasting in Napa
- Epic road trips such as Big Sur and Route 66
- Plantation tours and swamp boat rides
The price for a 12 day trip to USA costs from $9,895 (£7,997, €9,383) per person, staying in 5* luxury accommodation. Flights are excluded, but we can arrange these for you.
Evergreen Lodge - Yosemite
This upscale mountain resort in the Yosemite National Park stretches over 22 acres of mountain wilderness. Nestled into pine-rich slopes, the deluxe cabins have private decks and are perfect for couples or...
Ultima Thule Lodge - Wilderness
A wilderness lodge that you can only reach by plane, this high-end escape is in one of the most remote and beautiful spots on Earth. Plum in the middle of an Alaskan National Park, the luxury lodge offers ...
Amangiri - Wilderness
Canyon Point in Southern Utah is an otherwise desolate but wonderfully dramatic stretch of wilderness. Amid this panorama lies a luxury lodge, built around one of the most spectacular swimming pools you wi...
Amangani - Wilderness
Perched on the edge of East Gros Ventre Butte in Jackson Hole, a high mountain valley in northwest Wyoming, lies Amangani. Nearly 7,000 feet (2,135 metres) above sea level, it overlooks meadows and grazing...
Westin SF - San Francisco
One of the most opulent hotels in San Francisco, the VIP lists here reads like a who’s who of dignitaries and statesmen. It’s a huge property, with over 1,000 rooms, and the elegant buildings have been...
W Hotel SF - San Francisco
Set in the heart of downtown San Francisco's South of Market (Soma) District, the W hotel is adjacent to San Francisco's Museum of Modern Art. Only five blocks from Union Square, and just steps away from s...
Orchard Garden Hotel - San Francisco
Situated in the heart of one of the city’s most exciting neighborhoods, Orchard Garden Hotel is a short stroll from Union Square shops and theaters and just a few blocks’ walk to San Francisco Cable Ca...
Inn at the Presidio - San Francisco
You can enjoy an overnight stay in the Presidio of San Francisco, a national park site and National Historic Landmark at the Golden Gate. The Inn at the Presidio offers an authentic historic experience and...
Fairmont SF - San Francisco
The Fairmont is situated where each of the cable car lines meet, offering superb service and gorgeous views of the city and the bay from the top of Nob Hill. With its ideal location this hotel is a short c...
Cavallo Point - San Francisco
At the foot of the Golden Gate Bridge, on gorgeous grounds covered in pine and eucalyptus trees, Cavallo Point offers unmatched views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the skyline beyond the bay. The lobby cha...
Wild Spring Guest Habitat - Oregon
This rustic eco-luxe outpost in the woods above Oregon's Port Orford has five vaulted-ceiling cabins, in a natural clearing of Douglas Fir trees, and is bedecked with collectibles from the owners' days tro...
Langham Place - New York
Langham Place on Fifth Avenue blends of modern luxury and urban sophistication,and stands at the crossroads of art, fashion and design. From the dazzling artwork throughout the hotel, to the stylish servic...
Eventi – A kimpton hotel - New York
The hotel's central location has helped make Eventi a favorite with families. All 292 of the spacious dark-hued accommodations boast sophisticated interiors, fresh linens, and lovely bath amenities. Some o...
Crosby St Hotel - New York
A hotel like Crosby Street is exactly what this city needs. The contrast between the downtown grit of the cobblestone street outside and the plush sophistication of the hotel’s lobby is immediate, and st...
Meadowood Napa Valley - Napa Valley
Meadowood is a boutique resort encompassing 250 acres of tennis courts, golf greens, hiking trails, swimming pools and 85 guestrooms set in comfy cottages. Thanks to a recent renovation that has modernized...
Bardessono - Napa Valley
Just a short walk from some of Napa Valley’s best restaurants and wineries, Bardessono is the greenest, most sustainable eco-luxury resort in the area...and one of the world's best. Every element of this...
The Clement Monterey - Monterey
This modern, design-focused property enjoys some of the best panoramic coastal views in the region, and guests can take in the bracing ocean air on beautiful Monterey Bay. The rooms are well-appointed, wit...
Stonewater Cove Resort and Club - Missouri
A family-friendly nature adventure in Missouri's Ozarks, this is one of those wilderness lodges destined to create lifelong nostalgia. Throughout the sprawling lodge and each of the 18 rooms, it's almos...
Inn Marin - Marin
Explore wine country in style from this boutique property, ideal for both the Napa and Sonoma Valleys. Five acres of prime countryside stretch out before the property, and the 70 guest rooms are tastefully...
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel - Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel is the largest all-suite resort in Lake Tahoe. This deluxe hotel is located at the base of the Heavenly Gondola. There are 400 suites, a year-round heated indoor pool and whirlpo...
Post Ranch Inn - Carmel
This stunning hotel is made up entirely of small buildings set on a ridge high above the Pacific. The cabins and cottages are strung along a rocky-ridged slip of Californian cliff. These recycled-redwood r...
Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel
This luxury lodge aims to deliver unique experiences, and makes good on its promises. The suites are large and have cathedral ceilings and luxe limestone baths. Hiking, Tai Chi and even indoor cycling are ...
Did you know
- The grizzly bear is the official state animal of California. But no grizzly bears have been seen there since 1922
- More breakfast cereal is made in Battle Creek, Michigan than any other city in the world
- Greater Miami is the only metropolitan area in the United States whose borders encompass two national parks. You can hike through pristine Everglades National Park or ride on glass-bottom boats across Biscayne National Park
- More turkeys are raised in California than in any other state in the United States
- In Pacific Grove there is a law on the books establishing a $500 fine for molesting butterflies
- Death Valley is recognized as the hottest, driest place in the United States. It isn’t uncommon for the summer temperatures to reach more than 115 degrees
- The world famous “Mardi Gras” is celebrated in New Orleans. Mardi Gras is an ancient custom that originated in southern Europe. It celebrates food and fun just before the 40 days of Lent: a Catholic time of prayer and sacrifice
- Louisiana is the only state with a large population of Cajuns, descendants of the Acadians who were driven out of Canada in the 1700s because they wouldn’t pledge allegiance to the King of England
- Louisiana is the only state that still refers to the Napoleonic Code in its state law
- New York City has 722 miles of subway track
- The first daily Yiddish newspaper appeared in 1885 in New York City
- The Genesee River is one of the few rivers in the world that flows south to north
"It is hard to believe that there is still so much work to be done to make houses habitable in New Orleans, but it was a fantastic family experience for us all to help fix one of them up and get to know the locals. New Orleans is an amazing city, with so much to see and do as well, with so much history!"
Camilla traveled to New Orleans with her family, from the UK
Start planning your luxury tailor-made trip to USA by submitting your travel plans: Plan My Trip