Create furniture and toys in Hungary
Some families in Hungary cannot afford furniture or toys – you can help by creating some from recycled materials.
About this project
You get to prepare handmade and recycled furniture and toys for various age ranges. All of these products encourage ecological thinking.
All products will be donated to partner organizations to give to families in need.
Main volunteering activities:
- Creating a vertical herb garden
- Building a compost container
- Creating wooden toys
- Making bird boxes
- Volunteering work typically lasts for 3-5 days
- Involves 4-6 hours of helping each day
- Available all year round, you can help anytime
Nearby fun activities
- Danube river cruise
- Children’s railway
- Thermal baths
- Themed Budapest tours
- Water park
- Cooking classes
Successes to date:
Hundreds of families, schools, day care centers and orphanages have received furniture and toys to brighten their lives.
This project is for you if:
- You are looking for a project that enables you to interact meaningfully with the local people
- You would like a volunteer experience that has a tangible outcome: furniture, toys, and more
- You are happy rolling up your sleeves and getting involved
The Making Toys trip blends well with a lot of sightseeing and relaxation activities. Nearby activities: children’s railway, thermal baths, Danube river cruise, museums, treasure hunts, water park, themed Budapest tours, cooking class.
Suggested Trip Itinerary
Furniture & Friendship – 7 Days
Example Price: US$3,490 per adult
This adventure not only enables you and your family to bond by creating furniture from recycled materials for families who can’t afford it, you also get to be amazed at all that Budapest has to offer…all in luxury.
- Your children appreciate how fortunate they are making furniture from recycled materials
- Private guided tour of Budapest, customized for you
- Dinner cruise on the Danube
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Private transfers
- Expert local guides
- Breakfasts and meals as specified
- Volunteering costs
Note: Price excludes international flights
Sample Day by Day
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest, met at airport and transfer to the Four Seasons with a view over the Danube
- Day 2: Private guided tour of Budapest, customized for you (B)
- Day 3-5: Building furniture from recycled materials (B,L)
- Day 6: You have a free day to relax in the thermal baths, visit Aquaworld waterpark, or head to Visegrad for a medieval tournament (B)
- Day 7: Fly home (B)
Note: This is a sample itinerary only
Note – this is purely a sample itinerary, and we delight in crafting trips to your exact preferences. Inclusions and exclusions may vary accordingly. You can customize this trip to suit your specific requirement, in fact any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
Here are some suggestions to customize this itinerary:
- Relax on Lake Balaton
- Explore fascinating Pecs, Eger or Szeged
- Step back in time in Hollókő
- Combine Hungary with nearby Slovakia or Austria
If you like this adventure then go ahead and share on social media.