Costa Rica is one of the world’s great destinations – it has so much to offer, from volcanoes to rainforest, wildlife to snorkeling, whitewater rafting to zip-lining, and the finest eco-luxury accommodation to relax in.
Like many parts of the world, Costa Rica closed its borders to visitors, but the good news is that it is now open to you!
All visitors, regardless of their home country or state, will be required to have a negative coronavirus test result acquired within 72 hours before their flight. Travelers will also need to have proof of medical insurance and fill out a health form online, according to a statement by the Costa Rica Tourism Board.
Costa Rica is coming to the end of its rainy season, so it is green and lush, and the time is perfect to get in before the crowds flock back.
Here’s what awaits you, including ways to make your time in Costa Rica fulfilling and meaningful:
1. A submarine journey with a marine biologist;
2. Breathtaking private flights over volcanoes;
3. Engaging cultural immersion;
4. Search for a dolphin super-pod and swim with thousands of them;
5. Collect scientific data on hammerhead sharks – measure, tag, and document vital shark data; and
6. Prepare meals for and feed monkeys, parrots, and other wildlife at a rescue center
Here are some of our favorite eco-luxury lodges for you to enjoy:
- El Silencio – with on-site rappelling and zip lining
- Tabacon – complete with hot springs and views of perfect cone-shaped Arenal volcano (reopening 13 Nov)
- Arenas del Mar – on the beach, and near wildlife-rich Manuel Antonio National Park
- Pacuare Lodge – raft in and out of these amazing property deep in the jungle
- Lapa Rios – on the remote Osa peninsula with stunning dolphin and whale watching
If you want to flop on the beach, explore the jungle or get your heart racing on a zip line, Costa Rica has it for you!
And in case you are wondering what ‘Pura Vida’ is, it translates literally as “pure life,” but it encapsulates the whole Costa Rican culture, and you can use it in almost any situation. It is used as a greeting and as a farewell; you can use it for “I’m doing well” or “Everything’s cool”; you can use it for “Oh well!” or “That’s life!” It also can be used for “You’re welcome” or “No worries”–or just about any exclamation like “That’s great!”
Interested? Get in touch to discover more: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 201 984 5372.