Get Immersed in Tanzania
Get immersed in Tanzania on a walking safari with a Masai warrior, a traditional boma dinner, visit a Masai village and join in the dancing and singing – and jumping!
About this project
Main volunteering activities:
- Preparing the elephant’s vitamin balls
- Tracking their feeding patterns
- Assisting the vet on their daily checks
- Washing the elephant
- Cleaning their beds
- Maintaining the gardens
- The typical number of days on this fulfilling project 2-3, but you can spend longer
- It involves 7-8 hours of helping each day, starting at 7:30am
- November to April is recommended, but you can help anytime
- This volunteering project blends well with activities in central Sri Lanka, including Kandy and the rest of the Cultural Triangle
Successes to date:
The foundation has cared for over 80 elephants. There are currently nine elephants being cared for at the sanctuary.
One of the resident elephants was the first in the country to be born in captivity.
The Foundation’s mahout training program is the only one to be recognized and accredited by the Sri Lankan Department of Wildlife.
This project is for you if:
- You are looking for a project that enables you to learn an enormous amount about elephants
- You would like an experience that has a variety of activities
- You are happy rolling up your sleeves and don’t mind getting dirty
- Exploring the fascinating Cultural Triangle
- The Tea Country hill stations
- Leopard spotting in Yala National Park
Suggested Itinerary for Sri Lanka
in Sri Lanka
Price: US$6,000 per adult, $3,800 per child under 12
This adventure enables you to bond as a family by conserving critically endangered sea turtles, plus you get to explore the wildlife highlights of Sri Lanka
- Rolling up your sleeves and caring for elephants
- Jeep safari to see elephants in the wild
- Awesome views and the engineering marvel that is Sigiriya Rock
- Bustling Kandy and the Temple of the Tooth
- Epic train ride
- The waterfalls and scenery of Horton Plains
- The beauty of the Tea stations
- A working tea factory
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Private transfers
- Domestic flights
- Expert local guides
- Meals as specified
- Volunteering costs
Note: Price excludes international flights
Sample Day by Day
Note: This is a sample itinerary only
Note: This is a sample itinerary only, and we delight in crafting unique itineraries to meet your family’s exact requirements
The villa features three spacious and beautifully designed bedrooms, each with its own en-suite bathroom. The villa also has a fully equipped kitchen, a large living room, and a dining area, as well as an outdoor terrace and a swimming pool.
Villa Bokeh is decorated with a blend of modern and traditional elements, with handmade Guatemalan textiles and artisanal ceramics adding a touch of local charm. The villa also has all the modern amenities, including Wi-Fi, cable TV, and air conditioning.
You can enjoy a range of services and experiences, including airport transfers, a personal chef, and guided tours of the city and surrounding areas. The villa is also close to some of Antigua’s best restaurants, shops, and attractions, including the famous Central Park and the historic La Merced church.
Overall, Villa Bokeh offers a luxurious and authentic experience in one of the most charming and historic destinations in Guatemala. The villa’s location, amenities, and personalized service make it an ideal destination for travelers who want to experience the best of Antigua while enjoying the privacy and comfort of a luxury villa.
If you like this adventure then go ahead and share on social media.