You can feel good on your vacation by making a difference helping others for a few days, or as long as you choose. If you have skills that you would like to use, we will try and match them to the needs in your chosen destination.
If your children love animals, you and they will find it especially satisfying to be able to get up close and personal with them, and help safeguard their future.
And if your children are older (typically over 12) then a fantastic way to bond as a family is to help build something together for those less fortunate, such as a house for a needy family. Your children will also learn just how fortunate they are as they interact meaningfully with the people in the community.
What makes these luxury trips “voluntourism” and not “volunteer travel” is that they are a combination of service and sightseeing – customized for you and your family.
So you choose how many days you would like to sightsee/relax for, and we help you pick just the activities that you want to do.
Our consultants know the destinations inside out, so are expertly positioned to make recommendations that appeal to all of you, be it a yacht charter for some epic snorkeling, to learning to surf or how to cook a Thai curry, to a helicopter flight over an active volcano, the choices are endless.
And if you want some downtime to just relax by the pool, that’s fine too.
This is your vacation: you have earned it. And especially when you have chosen to give back for part of it, that is all the more justification to enjoy a wonderful, comfortable hotel at the end of each day, perhaps finish up with a spa treatment, or a cocktail, and a babysitter to look after the kids.
Yes, it is definitely a contrast to be exposed to poverty whilst staying in luxury, but the bottom line is that you are there to help change lives: you are making a positive difference and there is no need to sacrifice your comforts as well as your time and money.
So luxury hotels are what we know and can recommend with first-hand knowledge. However, in certain select locations, such as Costa Rica and Morocco, we can arrange homestay experiences for you if you would like to get fully immersed in the culture.
Those hotels that are ‘eco-luxury’ get special recognition on our website, as we believe in a holistic approach, which includes recommending those luxury hotels that take sustainability and caring for the environment seriously.
All of these elements add up to a vacation that you and your family will treasure, and which you will rave about to your friends and, well everyone you know. Your vacation is 100% tailor-made to match your exact specifications, time frame, and preferences. It is also 100% guaranteed that you will love it, or your money back.
Like the sound of this? Then we suggest you follow these steps:
2. Get top tips to Making Luxury Family Trips Meaningful with our Guide
3. Complete the “Plan My Trip” form with as much detail as you can, so that we can tailor-make your trip to make it perfect
4. One of our consultants will get back to you by your preferred form of communication, who will make it their sole purpose in life to create the ideal itinerary for you and your family!
Typical Trip Structure
- Days 1-3
- Days 4-6
- Days 7-9
Are with your expert local, English-speaking guide; exploring your chosen destination and also learning some of the local language, cultural norms and etiquette. Your accommodation is typically 5*; small boutique hotels with buckets of charm and character.
are your Give Back days. Here you experience meaningful interaction with local people while you give back in a hands-on way. This includes:
– building a house and giving a family a decent place to live
– being a reading partner and improving the conversational skills and confidence of a young boy or girl
– wildlife conservation and help ensure the future of animals
– business or marketing advice and help entrepreneurs better provide for their families, or help charities communicate their messaging better and raise much needed funds
– medical treatment and bring health and welfare improvements
– repairs and renovations of a school or day care center and provide a more pleasant and inspiring learning environment
Are for relaxing and continuing and to explore with local guide