Taasa Lodge is your luxury safari lodge located in the heart of the Serengeti, set on a private reserve of 60,000 acres and offers stunning views of the savannah landscape. Based here you can help build accommodation for teachers to live with their families, near the school
About this project
Main volunteering activities:
- Preparing the elephant’s vitamin balls
- Tracking their feeding patterns
- Assisting the vet on their daily checks
- Washing the elephant
- Cleaning their beds
- Maintaining the gardens
- The typical number of days on this fulfilling project 2-3, but you can spend longer
- It involves 7-8 hours of helping each day, starting at 7:30am
- November to April is recommended, but you can help anytime
- This volunteering project blends well with activities in central Sri Lanka, including Kandy and the rest of the Cultural Triangle
Successes to date:
The foundation has cared for over 80 elephants. There are currently nine elephants being cared for at the sanctuary.
One of the resident elephants was the first in the country to be born in captivity.
The Foundation’s mahout training program is the only one to be recognized and accredited by the Sri Lankan Department of Wildlife.
This project is for you if:
- You are looking for a project that enables you to learn an enormous amount about elephants
- You would like an experience that has a variety of activities
- You are happy rolling up your sleeves and don’t mind getting dirty
- Exploring the fascinating Cultural Triangle
- The Tea Country hill stations
- Leopard spotting in Yala National Park
Suggested Itinerary for Sri Lanka
in Sri Lanka
Price: US$6,000 per adult, $3,800 per child under 12
This adventure enables you to bond as a family by conserving critically endangered sea turtles, plus you get to explore the wildlife highlights of Sri Lanka
- Rolling up your sleeves and caring for elephants
- Jeep safari to see elephants in the wild
- Awesome views and the engineering marvel that is Sigiriya Rock
- Bustling Kandy and the Temple of the Tooth
- Epic train ride
- The waterfalls and scenery of Horton Plains
- The beauty of the Tea stations
- A working tea factory
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Private transfers
- Domestic flights
- Expert local guides
- Meals as specified
- Volunteering costs
Note: Price excludes international flights
Sample Day by Day
Note: This is a sample itinerary only
Note: This is a sample itinerary only, and we delight in crafting unique itineraries to meet your family’s exact requirements
The lodge features 12 spacious and stylishly designed tented suites, each with its own private deck and outdoor shower. The suites are designed to blend seamlessly with the natural environment and offer luxurious amenities such as king-size beds, indoor and outdoor seating areas, and en-suite bathrooms with both indoor and outdoor showers.
Taasa Lodge offers a range of activities and experiences, including game drives, guided walks, bird watching, and hot air balloon safaris. The lodge also has a full-service spa, which offers a variety of treatments using natural, locally sourced ingredients.
Taasa Lodge is committed to sustainability and eco-friendliness, with initiatives such as solar power, recycling, and water conservation. The lodge also supports local conservation efforts and community development projects, including supporting local schools and providing employment opportunities for the local Maasai communities.
Overall, Taasa Lodge offers a luxurious and eco-friendly safari experience in one of the most beautiful and wildlife-rich destinations in Africa. The lodge’s focus on sustainability, conservation, and community development make it an ideal destination for travelers who value responsible tourism and want to make a positive impact on the environment and local communities.
If you like this adventure then go ahead and share on social media.