Build Homes for Teachers in Tanzania
On your luxury family volunteer vacation in Tanzania, you can help build accommodation for teachers near their school, so they can focus on teaching
About this volunteer project
We are passionate about bridging the gap between luxury travel and community upliftment, and curate meaningful programs which are grounded in our pillars of health, conservation and education.
In Tanzania, teachers are allocated to schools by the government. Often,
these allocations are based on the number of classrooms available at each
school, as opposed to the number of attending students. Due to this, teachers
are often placed in areas which are located away from their families and
As we continue to build classrooms for local children to get a good
education, we need to proportionately take care of the wellbeing
of their teachers. At present, teachers housing facilities are spread out
and do not offer enough room for the number of teachers assigned to each
We want to ensure that as teachers are leaving their homes and families to go teach, they have a space of their own where they are taken care of too.
We know that these teachers are building futures for the next generation and
want them to feel supported, and make a community that is so special to us,
feel just as special for them.
Now, with the help of the generous contributions from our clients, we can do
Main volunteering activities:
- Help the expert local builders and tradesmen constructing the house, leaving the tricky bits to them, unless you are up for it!
- Mix and pour cement
- Paint the exterior and interior of the home
- The typical number of days on this fulfilling project 3-5
- It involves helping in the morning and afternoon
- You can help anytime; dry season is from June to October
- This volunteering project blends well with safari in the Serengeti
Impact to Date:
- Due to the scale of this ambitious project, we phased our approach in developing facilities based on on-site needs and requirements.
- With the help of the generous contributions from our clients, the first two initiatives, including the development of two classrooms with 50 desks, and a dormitory facility housing school children, have been completed.
This project is for you if:
- You are looking for a project that enables you to make a tangible, lasting impact in a remote community
- You like being outdoors
- You are happy rolling up your sleeves
- You are passionate about education
- Spectacular wildlife safari in the Serengeti
- Witness the Wildebeest Migration
- Immersion in the Maasai culture
- Walking safari
Suggested Itinerary for Tanzania
Price: US$9,685 per person, for a family of four
This luxury adventure enables you to bond as a family by building teachers’ accommodation in the Serengeti, plus you get to experience incredible safari and see Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak
- Build accommodation for teachers and interact with the locals
- Experience incredible Big 5 safari
- Stunning sundowners
- Masai village visit
- Visit an inspiring clean water project
- Luxury accommodation throughout
- Private transfers
- Expert local guides
- Meals as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Volunteering costs
Note: We can arrange your flights for you as well, including private jet
Day by Day Sample Itinerary
Note – this is a sample itinerary, designed to give you a flavor of Tanzania, and we delight in crafting trips to your exact preferences.
You can customize this trip to suit your specific requirements, in fact any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
Got a crazy request, or an off-the -radar place you have longed to visit? Just let us know – we delight in delighting you!
Here are some suggestions to customize this itinerary to Tanzania:
- Climb Mt Kilimanjaro
- Explore the magical Ngorongoro Crater
- Encounter the charms of Zanzibar Island, or private Mnemba Island
- Discover a lesser known reserve, such as Ruaha
Discover more about Tanzania